Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I have had a few projects going since the Guitar showcases.

This is the start of a fun project that involved turning three framed Oriental prints into a folding room divider.

 A pair of legs with the start of the profile.

Lots of jack miters to cut on 15 pieces. I used a Festool Domino machine instead of a true mortice and tenon. It's faster and cuts a great fitting tenon every time.
Below I'm cutting the pieces to length with the crosscut sled on the table saw.

The actual miter cut set up.

Below is the first frame dry assembled. It is leaning against the oriental doors that I turned into a coat cabinet for another clients home I have been working on. Some neat  things to come with that project also!

One complete panel.

Found some wonderful  walnut at Hardwoods of Dallas for the solid panels.

The completed divider.

The back side has a faux mirror wallpaper on foam board inserted to cover the back of the framed prints.