Wednesday, June 17, 2015



 For the four post bed I glued up my posts out of Quartersawn White Oak. Straight and square is a must .When you start tapering and chamfering the corners all the discrepancies show up. The other trick is the jig to chamfer the posts. A little bit of trial and error there too!







                                                 A little clean up by hand at the transition.




 Next the head board. I found a nice, wide piece of  White Oak for it. Barely fit through the 24 " planer at GACC aka my old shop. Thanks Ed.





Next the hand plane. 




Detail at the post







Need something for that bed bolt hole. I got to try my hand at the forge! Nothing like beating on red hot steel.







                                                                         Finished!


                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment